Asparagus has many ways through which you can prepare. You can also cook it using an oven or even a grill. Every technique that you will settle for will depend on the taste and the convenience that you want. There are many ways through which you can do it. Some will be happy with boiled asparagus, while others wish to roasted asparagus! We are going to deliberate on brief tips on cooking asparagus.
The article will give you details on how you will cook the following types of asparagus.
- Steamed asparagus
- Boiled asparagus
- Roasted asparagus
- Broiled asparagus
- Sautéed asparagus
Stick to this piece, and you will get simple steps that will deliver delicious asparagus for you!
How to cook steamed asparagus
- The first thing you will do is to place the steamed asparagus in a steamer basket, after which you cover it.
- You will then need to heat till steam forms. Cook the asparagus on high heat until it is bright green. The process will take 2 to 4 minutes.
- The food asparagus will be ready when it’s fork-tender. You can eat right away or shock it with an ice-cold water bath so that it stops cooking.
Cooking boiled asparagus
It is also possible to boil the asparagus. The steps below will deliver a deliciously cooked asparagus.
- First, get a large pot and add salted water to it.
- Now, get your asparagus and add it to the boiling water.
- It will take at least 3 minutes while cooking. Leave it cooking until its bright green.
- It’s ready for easing. In case you don’t want to take it right away, you can shock it with ice-cold water to stop the cooking.
Roasting an asparagus
You can roast asparagus! Here are the steps that you follow when roasting asparagus.
- First, you need to get some olive oil, salt, and pepper that you will coat our asparagus!
- Transfer the asparagus into a sheet pan after which you cook it at higher temperatures.
- Roasting will involve broiling. Do it for at least ten minutes as you shake the pan halfway through
- Do this until you see a brown and tender! It’s at this point when you know it’s ready to eat.
Broiling and asparagus
Broiling is another way you can cook your asparagus. How do you do this?
- An oven will allow you to set it into a broil setup.
- The next step is to use oil, salt, and pepper to coat the asparagus before transferring it into a sheet tray.
- Now place the asparagus 6 inches away from the heating element in the oven after which you cook it.
- Keep on broiling the asparagus until you get a light brown and delicate appearance. The process will take at least 8 minutes.
Lastly, let’s check the steps for a sautéed asparagus.
For a sautéed asparagus, the steps are a bit different.
- Start by cutting the asparagus into two-inch pieces.
- Your oven should have each high heat after which you will sauté your asparagus with oil and butter.
- Ensure that you keep the process until it’s tender and brown. It will take at least 5 minutes. Season it with pepper and salt.
The five cases are ways of which you can cook your asparagus! Follow every step that you believe is the best for you.